Manager Supplier Engineering Multiport - Sunnyvale | Zoek USA | 0004b1
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Manager Supplier Engineering Multiport Systems
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The mission of Supplier Engineering is to bring top quality components to our production lines by building a world-class supplier network that can ensure continuity of supply, growth to support our demand, achieve yearly cost reductions, and mitigate supply chain risks. The ideal candidate will apply their broad and deep hands-on experience in manufacturing and design of mechanical components and mechanisms to lead a team of high performing supplier engineers that support Multiport DaVinci Systems for both on-going sustaining and new product introduction efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow a high performing team of Supplier Engineers. Maintain a culture of achieving challenging goals. Coach and empower your team to continually improve.
- Work closely with design, manufacturing, and project teams to launch new products; implement performance, quality, capacity, and cost improvements.
- Mange project plans and timelines. Communicate to stakeholders on status.
- Seek out new suppliers in support of product needs. Assess suppliers for capability to fit Intuitive’s quality and business requirements.
- Develop suppliers to excel in all KPIs including Supplier Owned Quality, Capacity, and Sub-tier Management.
- Empower suppliers to own completion of part qualification deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DfX, and cost analysis.
- Ensure compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements by supporting supplier audits.
- Lead your team to solve complex problems using structured problem solving techniques.
- Apply improvements for supplier process issues by using true root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions.
- Develop and execute supply chain strategy and optimizations
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action
- Efficiently plan, manage, and execute projects that enable Intuitive to satisfy rapidly growing demand for Multiport Systems.
- Establish milestones and success criteria for responsible projects. Drive decisions and escalate key issues quickly maintaining stakeholder alignment.
- Own new products during pilot production phase through successful and sustained project launch. This includes driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, and driving improvements.
- Provide technical support for failure analysis of discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns. Lead investigations where appropriate.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, streamlining of supply chain, and commodity strategy.
- Mentor and set project tasks for Supplier Engineers on their specific project team and on other teams as needed to further company expertise & effectiveness. Empower your team to make decisions and celebrate their successes. Carefuly identify resource gaps and opportunities.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years related experience in Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Engineering, or related field for mechanical components
- Strong technical expertise in machining (turning, drilling, and milling) with direct application to mechanisms and machines, electric motors, and sensors preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading teams to solve difficult technical and process problems
- Proven ability to hire highly capable staff, grow and mentor talent
- Excellent project management, complex problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Medical Device, Automotive, or Aerospace experience is a plus
- Ability to travel to suppliers (domestic and international ) as needed: 20-30%
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 25 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day