Assistant Nurse Manager - Hudson | Zoek USA | 00042d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Nurse Manager- Neurology
Permanent (Full time)
Provides clinical supervision and coordinates unit clinical operations with other departmental disciplines under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Provides effective and efficient patient care to all ages on assigned shifts or as otherwise designated. Assumes responsibilities of nurse manager in his/her absence.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among unit staff and other departments and units regarding issues related to patient care.
- Ensures continuity of patient care information between shifts, coordinates patient admitting, discharges, transfers and other operational issues.
- Reviews major operational patient care issues with Nurse Managers.
- Provides ongoing clinical evaluations of nurses and other direct and indirect patient care providers on assigned unit/area.
- Counsels employees on performance issues, administers initial corrective actions, collaborates in monitoring attendance issues.
- Alerts nurse manager of significant clinical or other performance issues.
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and appraising the performance of employees.
- Monitors the adherence to EEO/AAP goals and guidelines.
- Administers Nursing Institute, departmental and CC policies and procedures.
- Supervises and participates in the daily delivery of patient care on assigned unit/area.
- Prepares schedule of work assignment assuring adequate coverage on all shifts.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects, outcomes studies and research initiatives; participates in department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral, written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and organization skills.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) certification must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum two year recent clinical nurse experience required.
- Requires extensive sitting and dexterity to perform work on a PC.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Schedule: Full Time