New Grad RN - Garrettsville | Zoek USA | 000257
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
New Grad RN - Nights Observation
Permanent (Full time)
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
We are proud that Hillcrest Hospital is a Magnet Hospital; the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. With 500 beds, we ensure our nursing caregivers have the tools they need to grow both professionally and personally. With Shared Governance and a Professional Practice Model, Cleveland Clinic ensures our nurses have the authority and autonomy they need to care for their patients.
The 38-bed Observation/Medical-Surgical Unit at Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital provides services for adult patients who require expedited evaluation to determine appropriate inpatient/outpatient intervention. The Observation Unit is a fast-paced unit that provides relationship-based, compassionate care for our patients.
Rapid, focused assessments are designed to maximize patient outcomes and expectations. Our dedicated nursing team provides diagnostic evaluations, screenings and bedside therapies as appropriate in addition to providing education about disease process and treatment plans for patients and their families.
The following treatment modalities may be utilized in the treatment of patients meeting criteria for observation status: IV therapy, nutritional support and spiritual support. For stable patients, the following treatment modalities may be used: cardiac, respiratory, GI/GU and evaluation to rule out stroke/TIA, trauma, and vascular conditions.
ANCC Magnet® Designated Hospital
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs.
Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and resource availability.
Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of safe/effective care for patients.
Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform safely and independently.
Complies with established hospital/department personnel policies.
Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable outcomes.
Documents in patient's medical record according to established guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute direct patient care RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: rapid, assess, cardiac, trauma, rule, out, stroke, vascular, TIA, GI, GU, stable, short, stay
Schedule: Full Time