Care Management Discharge Planning - Pennington | Zoek USA | 000003
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Care Management Discharge Planning Assistant
Permanent (Full time)
Posted 12 days ago
Position : 11993
- Gathers information regarding patient discharge status and updates team members.
- Assists in facilitating discharge of patients from the hospital to home or extended care facilities by coordinating various processes and tasks related to discharge planning and resource utilization.
- Provides and educates families with "Medicare 2nd Notice" letters as directed by Care Managers.
- Follows complex discharge patients in post acute setting to ensure contract terms are being met.
- Collaborates with Care Managers and Social Workers by preparing discharge packets for patient transfer and assures the completeness of materials.
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds, for the purposes of discharge planning, data collection and reporting as needed.
- Assists with special programs including data collection for process improvement projects.
- Completes a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree, BSW preferred.
- One year related experience in an acute care setting with knowledge of discharge process and post acute care or Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW).
- Frequent physical demands include: Standing , Walking , Wrist position deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard use/repetitive motion , Taste or Smell
- Occasional physical demands include: Sitting , Climbing (., stairs or ladders) , Carry objects , Push/Pull , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead , Squat/kneel/crawl
- Continuous physical demands include: Talk or Hear
- Lifting Floor to Waist 25 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 25 lbs.
- Sensory Requirements include: Very Accurate 20/40, Near Vision, Very Accurate 20/40, Far Vision, Color Discrimination, Accurate Depth Perception, Accurate Hearing
- Anticipated Occupational Exposure Risks Include the following: Bloodborne Pathogens , Airborne Communicable Disease , Dust/Particulate Matter
Effective September 7, all employees and medical staff at all Capital Health locations will be required to be vaccinated or subject to weekly testing, as required by the Governor of New Jersey's recent Executive Order 252.
Department: Care Management
External Company URL: ...